Looking for the longest Ibm laptop battery life ? Actually, many factors affect the amount of time that a laptop battery can deliver power before it must be recharged.
How to extend Ibm laptop battery life? Here are some more tips to improve your Ibm notebook's battery life:
1. If you do not use your laptop for extended periods of time (a week or more), remove the Ibm laptop battery pack from the laptop.
2. Do not expose the battery to high heat or freezing temperatures. Do not leave your battery in your car in the summer. Hot batteries discharge very quickly, and cold ones can't create as much power.
3. Make sure to plug your laptop charger adapter into a UPS and not directly into a power outlet or surge protector.
4. If you have a nickel-metal hydride battery, completely drain and recharge the battery once a month to maximize its capacity to hold a charge.
5. Fully charge new battery packs before use. New pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity.
6. For laptops that work as desktop replacement, the battery should be re-installed every 3-4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge.
7. Leaving a battery in a laptop while using an electrical outlet for long periods of time will keep the battery in a constant state of charging up and that will reduce the life cycle of the battery.
1 . What is ibm rechargeable laptop battery self discharge?
Primary ibm laptop battery or full charged secondary battery, when put aside for a period, it s capacity will decline or lose, this phenomenon calls self discharge that is electricity flee away. It is decided by the inner electro-chemistry system, similar to water leakage from pond or reservoir.
2 . What is the ambient temperature affects the ibm laptop battery performance?
Low temperatures (e.g. -15oC) will obviously reduce Ni-Cd and Ni-MH battery discharge rate. At -20oC electrolyte is at its freezing point, charge speed will greatly slow down. At low temperature (under -15oC) charge will raise the internal gas pressure and probably unseal the safety vent. Ambient temperature of 5oC to 30oC is the best range to get effective charge. Generally with temperature rising charge efficiency will become higher. But when the temperature rises to 45oC or higher, the materials performance in the battery will be degenerated and battery service life will be shorten greatly.
3. How can ibm laptop battery rechargeable batteries be connected?
The rating for rechargeable battery NEW ! Battery Chemistry F.A.Q - Here we discuss different battery designs currently used, some of the chemistry involved, and advantages and disadvantages of each design. We have also included some useful definitions and a list of parameters to guide you in matching your battery requirements to a specific battery design.
Power by www.my-battery.co.uk TM © 2004-2013, All Rights Rserved. Advices or Problems:
Ibm laptop battery, Ibm laptop battery charger, Ibm ac dc adapter, universal, also including IBM external laptop battery