1. What is a Battery?
In science and technology, a battery is a device that stores energy and makes it available in an electrical form. It converts chemical energy into electrical energy, producing an electric current when connected in a circuit. The finished battery is an electrically connected group of cells (wired in series) that stores an electrical charge and supplies a direct current (DC). We usually call finished battery as battery pack and unfinished battery is called as cell.
2. How to classify the battery?
Batteries are grouped into following categories: Alkaline battery, Zincic carbolic battery, Lead-Acid battery, nickel-metal-hydride, nickel-cadmium, Lithium battery, Li-ion battery, Li-polymer battery, Fuel cells, Solar cells, Other types of battery
3. What are the differences between Primary Battery and rechargeable battery?
A primary battery is not intended to be recharged and is discarded when the battery has delivered all of its electrical energy.
A rechargeable battery is a galvanic battery which, after discharge, is restored to the fully charged state by the passage of an electrical current through the cell in the opposite direction to that of discharge.
4.Why can't the battery be charged? How to solve this problem?
a.The battery has no voltage.
b.There is problem with charger, as it has no output electric current.
c.Low charging efficiency due to external cause.
a.Test whether the charger has voltage and output electric current or not.
b.Check if the charger is well contacted with battery.
c.Activate the battery with voltage and current 1.5 time higher then the highest ones of battery. (Use this method only when the battery can't be charged.)
5.What causes short lifetime of battery? How to prolong the lifetime of battery?
a.Charger or electro circuit can't be fit for the battery.
b.Overcharge and overdischarge, etc.
c.Battery can't comply with the charging requirement
a.Use the proper charger.
b.Charge the battery after it automatically powers off , then full charge the battery.
c.Avoid erroneous usage of battery, such as heavy pressure, short circuit, fall off and so on.
6. What's the reason that causes battery with no voltage or low voltage? How to avoid this problem?
b.External shot circuit or overcharge, anti-charge
c.Cells expansion and short circuit caused by direct anode contact and continuous high efficiency electric current overcharging.
a.Check if the battery is without voltage or electric current.
b.Avoid short circuit.
c.Avoid collision and pressure among batteries.
d.Charge the battery after it automatically powers off , then full charge the battery.
7. Do you want your digital camera battery to service a longer time? Then you need to pay attention to the digital camera battery useful ways and methods daily.
First, select reasonable charge way.
Secondly, reduce the digital camera cost electricity handle.
Thirdly, clean necessarily the digital camera battery
, even the camera.
8. Is it correct ? Don’t use the lithium battery, cold store it in a low temperature.
Answer: Error. The behavior of store battery in a low temperature doesn’t extend its use life. The battery should be stored in dry circumstance around 20 centigrade degree room temperature.
9. Is it correct? Post battery in fire, the battery will blast.
Answer: Correct. It is absolutely that battery doesn’t be posted in the fire or other high temperature circumstance, or the battery will implode, even endanger person.
10. Is it correct that all the camcorder batteries work the same time?
Answer: Error. As different category or type batteries are adopted different chemical material, and dosage in the chemical material is different each other, so use time and output power of different batteries are unlikeliness.
11. For prolong battery use life, I mixed the new battery with old some, does it?
Answer: Don’t. In fact, just the opposite to what your wish, this will reduce the battery use life. This act used battery mixed with new battery will reduce the battery normal use time.
12. May I post the disable battery into the wastebin?
Answer: Improperly. Although lithium battery is green battery (that means no or little harm to environment), no including such as lead, cadmium , Hg and more harmful the environment heavy metal matter, don’t post the disable battery into the wastebin at will, please.
13. May several different model batteries be matched in a machine?
Answer: It ‘s not better. As the function purpose of different model batteries is different. Give an example, match lithium battery(li-ion battery) with alkalescence battery won’t not only improve the machine capability, but also reduce the machine capability, even mangle your machine or lead to the battery invalidation. So shopping your battery according to your device provider signed the battery category.
14. Why does different batteries have various voltage and capacity?
A molecule battery voltage was decided by its anode and cathode material, so various system batteries have various voltages. Battery capacity is decided from its inner chemical active matter kind and weight. Rating capacity was misapprehended that the battery must release its sign energy sometimes. In fact, the capacity a battery released actually is affected by the bellow factors: discharge electricity(load), work temperature and discharge complete voltage.
15. Below select battery tips only reference:
1. Normal manufacturer battery sign the battery parameter clear.
2. Select nickel hydrogen material battery or lithium ion battery when purchasing battery.
3. DOS shell of standard battery commonly adopts PC or PVC stuff, very firmly, indefectible, normal ways can’t open the battery.
4. Visual regular, without excrescent burr, surface some roughness and handle comfortable.
5. Battery should be pushed the battery groove fore-and-aft smoothly, and well-knit with the whole machine. In addition, notice that the battery signed voltage match case with your notebook voltage.
6. Guarantee that the capability selected battery charge up and discharge is all right.
7. Normal, the thinner the battery is, the smaller the capacitance is; the thicker the battery is, the bigger the capacitance is.
8. Question detailedly to your dealer about the peculiarity of selected battery and adapter.
16. For prolong battery use life, we must properly care and maintenance the battery, below several caution item:
1. Avoid battery work in the temperature on high over 60℃ or lower cold 20℃, or the use time and battery life will reduce. The basic ways of battery charge, because the dissimilitude of battery specificity, so had better follow the dealer battery use instruction.
2. Take the battery out of the machine for unused long time. As the case in close, the energy in battery also wears down gradually.
3. As lithium battery generally is non-rechargeable battery, force charge the battery will explode.
4. Place cell phone battery out of the place metal, avoid these metal touch the battery bally, cause the short circuit.
5. Release some electricity of the battery when cell phone battery won’t be used for a short time, then store it.
6. Lithium ion battery self chemical capability is active extremely, reaction acute, so don’t disassemble it at will. Wipe up it and place winded or dry it around forty degree.
1. Place the battery in the right direction and make sure that the battery is tightly fit into the battery charger and the metal points
2. Connect the adaptor with the battery charger and power supply
3. The indicator shows red and when the battery is charging and it will show green and when the battery is fully charged
4. Unplug the adaptor carefully before taking out the battery
5. Repeat the same procedure when using the car adaptor
18. Battery charger cautions:
1. Use designated battery on this charger only
2. Do not modify or disassemble the battery charger under any circumstances
3. Do not immerse in or expose to water
4. Do not short circuit or store the battery charger with metal objects
5. Do not imply any pressure on the battery charger or it may cause damage to it and may affect its performance
6. Avoid placing the battery charger under high temperature or next to heat sensitive materials
7. The battery charger should be laid horizontally on flat surface when charging
8. Unplug the battery charger if not using it for a period of time
9. Keep the metal points clean at all time
10. Keep out of reach of children.
19. How do I turn my laptop notebook PC on?
New notebooks must first have the battery
installed and the AC power adapter
plugged in. To turn on the notebook, push the red button located at the top of the keyboard.
Your notebook modem should be connected to a working phone line when you first start the notebook.
20. How do I charge the battery? How long does it take to charge?
To charge the laptop battery
you need to plug in the AC power cord and adapter. The battery will charge fastest when the system is powered off, but can also be charged while you are using your notebook. With the notebook powered off, the time needed for a full charge is over 2.5 hours. With the notebook in use, the average charge time will be approximately twice as long.
21. How long will the battery last?
Run times vary for many reasons, such as the type of device, the type of applications being used, whether or not you are playing a cd or dvd and the chemistry of the battery. The average computer should give you between 1½ to 3 hours of run time. Once again, this varies for many reasons.
22. How do I remove the battery?
Power off your notebook. Turn the notebook over and locate the battery charge indicator (it has 4 LED lights). Push the laptop battery
latch in direction of the arrow while simultaneously lifting the battery out of the battery compartment.
23. Why does the fan in my notebook sometimes turn on and off?
The fan is designed to maintain optimal thermal performance inside the unit. The fan will turn on and off during normal usage.
24. How do I clean the display?
There are a variety of cleaners offered at your local Best Buy store.
25. Where is the serial number?
The serial number is located on the bottom of the notebook.
26. How do I upgrade the memory?
First, disconnect the AC power by unplugging your power adapter. Turn over the laptop and remove the battery
. Locate and remove the memory panel. Insert the memory module into the open socket, and replace the memory panel. NOTE:
You should verify that your notebook has an open memory socket available (some models may not). If no open socket is available, please contact Best Buy technical support and service.
New laptop battery needs charging and discharging cycle first before the regular usage. Because battery from factory to the users' hands that exists the time differences, and the electrode materials will be its passivation for the battery of the longer time difference, which is why the purchase of new batteries need to be completely filled with charging and discharging cycle three times to eliminate electrode materials passivation, to activate laptop battery performance, to reach maximum capacity. Meanwhile, the laptop has the data transmission agreement end between battery and the computer, after the need of two or three times charged and discharged cycle, the percent of its real capacity can keep pace with the percent of content on the computer's screen. Cycle's steps: insert incomputer to discharge until the shutdown, and then recharge the battery, charging time must be over 12 hours, to repeat the action of charging and discharging for three times.
The proper use of laptop battery usually will be very crucial. Discharge can not fully take end, there are about 5 percent of electricity charging, we should not be spent replenishment. Otherwise, it will accelerate the aging batteries scrapped. If the relatively high laptop battery capacity (such as more than 80 percent) under the charge of the case, will accelerate the aging of battery. Use lithium ion batteries in 25 to 35 degrees centigrade, will show better performance. The low temperature or high temperature than the above state, its performance will be greatly devalued.
When using the battery, fever is a normal phenomenon, because in the process of the battery charged and discharged, energy conversion will result in heat and at the same time the amount of heat will be transmitted to the battery. But if overheated (burning), stop using it immediately and ask for the professinonals to check.
When not using it, charge it to about 50 percent's energy and take out of it from equipment and stored in temperature :10-20 degrees centigrade, humidity :45-75 percent. Do this each day and more than one charge, and discharge cycles to eliminate passivation of electrode materials, and activate battery performance.
Prevent the liquid entering into the laptop battery. Once liquid immersing into batteries, stop using it, dry with a dry cloth and put it in the ventilation to dry, otherwise they will result in danger.
Not arbitrarily demolish the battery. In order to prevent short circuit, do not use metal objects (such as necklaces, etc.) batteries hit the positive and a negative extreme.
Don't let the laptop battery near the fire source, not subject to any pressure, otherwise they will lead to danger.
If the laptop battery charged and discharged after three complete cycle, performance or significance still decline indicate that you should change the battery.
28. How do I maximize my laptop battery life?
Laptop battery life takes a important role for a mobile computer. Theres nothing worse than really needing to access you laptop only to have it by AC/DC adapter with power due to low battery. There are some tips that can help to prolong battery life.
The first thing to consider would be the conditioning of the laptop battery. More namely your charging habits. The worst thing you can do for your laptop battery is always keep it on the charger or charge it while its only half full. This will diminish the life of the battery giving you less hours of operating time. The ideal way to charge your laptop battery pack would be to use it until it is completely discharged and then charge it fully.
The second issue to consider would be your usage habits. Using multimedia such as movies and music will kill your battery a lot quicker. Especially doing operations that are CPU intensive. Playing games will diminish your power supply a lot quicker than say, browsing the internet.
There are also different settings that can help preserve your battery life. Windows has different functions for laptop. For instance you can set your power usage depending on what you are doing. You can set your laptop to act like a desktop if you are near a power supply to get the full performance out of your system. On the other hand you can also set it to use power as efficiently as possible if you are on the move. These setting change things such as the amount of power the CPU uses, the brightness of the screen and more.
In the end its up-to the individual user. Some laptops come with the option of a second battery which can double the power your laptop has at your disposal but this is often costly. Also there are more advanced batteries that can be used but again they will cost you extra.
Advices or Problems: